Q: WHAT IS YOUR SHIPPING POLICY?
We use various shipping carriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc) and we will choose the most cost-effective shipping carrier based on the items ordered and their destination. Customers cannot choose which shipping carrier to use.
Please Plan to Order your item at least 7 business days before you would like it delivered. This is a suggested time frame - actual production and shipping times vary depending on the details of your order, the time of year (holidays are much busier!) and where the items are being shipped, but 7 business days should be the minimum amount of time needed.
- Production Time - Time before shipping. Production times range from 3-5 business days. This cannot be rushed. Please take that into consideration when placing your order.
- Time During Shipping - Shipping times range from 3-7 business days. You will receive a tracking number as soon as your order has been shipped. All orders ship from Tennessee, USA
SHIPPING PRICES are calculated based on your cart total as follows:
- We offer FREE Standard Domestic Shipping on all orders. Free shipping does not include shipping insurance.
- If you are interested in adding shipping insurance or expedited shipping there are a few options that can be added to your cart, additional fees apply. Adding extra insurance or expedited shipping does NOT impact production time (3-5 days) to prepare your order.
SHIPPING ADDRESSES must be a valid residential or business address. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. If an order cannot be delivered due to an incorrect address, all costs and responsibility will be with the customer to re-schedule delivery with the carrier. There are no "pick up" options - All work must be shipped.
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ORDER IS LOST OR DAMAGED IN SHIPPING?
Our Free Shipping does not include insurance. Shipping insurance is only included with Expedited shipping options and is recommended to all buyers to protect your purchase. We do our utmost to ensure that your prints are packaged carefully and arrive safely at their destination, but we cannot guarantee that the shipping carrier feels the same way.
- For un-insured items: Carland Cartography is not responsible for un-insured packages that are lost or damaged during shipping. Each customer is given a tracking number and the shipping carrier name for every order. The customer is responsible for tracking down lost packages. Replacement items are not sent for un-insured packages lost or damaged in shipping.
- For Insured items: If a customer's item(s) are lost or damaged during shipping, a case will be opened to investigate the issue. Insurance must be purchased with the original order for this to apply and proof of damage or loss must be provided. If your prints arrive damaged, please keep all packaging and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number for further instructions.
Q: WHAT IS YOUR RETURN POLICY?
We do not accept returns; all sales are FINAL.
Q: CAN I CANCEL MY ORDER?
All print sales are final. Please contact email@example.com as soon as possible if you need to cancel your order. Additional fees apply in order to process the cancellation. These fees are non-negotiable.
Q: WHY ARE THERE (2) CARLAND CARTOGRAPHY WEBSITES?
We have (2) different websites where we offer slightly different products. The main difference between our two websites are listed below:
- This Site (www.carlandcartography.com) - This is our homepage or "Main Site" that serves as a gateway to our process and products. We sell smaller prints (8x10", 11x14" and 16x20") on this site, which are only available on one media type - smooth fine art paper. We also use this site to offer one-off in-stock items and any original artwork that is available. All of the work sold on this site is produced and shipped from my studio in Tennessee.
- Our Other Site (www.carlandcartography.shop)- All of the prints offered for sale on this site are made by a professional printer in California. Options include luxury papers, high gloss metal prints, canvas prints, and acrylic prints, as well as a variety of matting and framing options. The professional printer can print up to 48x60" for certain media and can ship these large pieces in a secure, professional packagaing. Bottom line, I (as the artist) do not have access to print on all of these materials in all of these sizes, and working with the professional printer enables me to offer my work in a wider variety of options. This is especially beneficial for businesses and individuals who are looking for large pieces or who want specialty materials, such as high gloss metal prints.
Q: WHAT IS "CARTOGRAPHY"?
Cartography is the study and practice of making maps. Human civilization has been mapping their surroundings since at least Babylonian times as a way to understand our surroundings, and how to navigate our physical world. My artwork is an abstracted, artistic version of cartography and should not be used as a navigational tool.
Q: HOW ARE THE PRINTS MADE?
Orders for 8x10", 11x14", and 16x20" prints are made in our studio using Canon Professional 12-color Pigmented Printing technology on heavyweight fine art paper. Each print has a layer of Chroma Optimizer applied, which is a clear coating applied onto prints when using the latest range of Canon professional printers. The result is evenly distributed light, deep blacks, and bright, saturated colors. If you are interested in learning more about our specialty prints visit Our Specialty Prints Site (www.carlandcartography.shop)
Q: WHAT PRINT SIZES ARE AVAILABLE?
We offer three print sizes - 8x10", 11x14" and 16x20". All three of these sizes are produced in our studio in TN. If you are interested in larger prints, visit Our Other Site (www.carlandcartography.shop). No other sizes are available.
Q: ARE THERE ANY "ORIGINALS" FOR SALE?
Most of our work is only sold as prints. If there are any originals available, those originals will not look the same as the prints because the prints are created by combining several different original drawings. If any originals are available, they would be listed for sale Here.
Q: WHO "OWNS" THE ARTWORK?
In simplest terms, when purchasing artwork, the customer owns the physical object from the transaction, However, the artist owns the image. What does that mean? Read below.
- Artist Rights- The artist owns all work they create. This includes the rights to the image of sold and commissioned work. The artist retains the rights to make an unlimited quantity of reproductions of ANY KIND of ALL the artwork they create.
- Collector Rights- The collector has purchased an item and has the right to display the artwork in their home or business in any way they choose. However, the artwork may not be resold or reproduced without the artist’s written permission. The collector does not have the right to claim it as their work, or to publish it (in print or online) without giving credit to the artist. Exception- The only exception would be if a collector wishes to purchase exclusive rights to a commission or custom order, which means the artwork will not be sold to someone else in any format. This is a cost IN ADDITION to the cost of the artwork, and starts at $5,000. If you are interested in purchasing rights to a commission or custom order, please disclose that before the commission agreement is signed.
Q: HOW CAN I BE INCLUDED IN SALES?
We sometimes offer special offers and promotions for our subscribers. In order to get access to these offers, please sign up to our Email Newsletter so you can save money on your next order. Please note, this will require you to verify your email address. Sometimes our messages are sent to your junkbox, so please check there if you don't see a message from us.
Q: IS THERE CARLAND CARTOGRAPHY MERCH?
Yes! We have a RedBubble Merchandise Shop, which offers a variety of items for your home or office. We sell clothing, phone cases, pillows, mugs, greeting cards, zippered pouches and more! These make great options for holiday baskets, wedding guest favors, graduation gifts and other special occasions. They also make GREAT housewarming gifts!
Please be aware that RedBubble is a third party site, and not operated by Carland Cartography. If you have questions about the products offered or an order placed on that site, please contact RedBubble directly.
Q: DOES CARLAND CARTOGRAPHY DO WHOLESALE?
Not yet. Stay tuned. We hope to launch a wholesale section of our business in the future. If you are a retailer, and would like to work with Carland Cartography, please do not hesitate to reach out. While our business model is not fully formed, we can work with individual brick and mortar shops one-on-one. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Q: CAN I GET A SPECIAL ORDER OF MY CITY?
Commissions are not something we normally do, but sometimes make an exception. If you are interested in a custom order, please send us a message. Commission fees include a $300 non-refundable design fee plus the cost of the print. We do not commission "original" drawings and no digital files are provided.
Q: HOW CAN I STAY IN TOUCH WITH CARLAND CARTOGRAPHY?
We would love for you to be the first to know about any new work! An easy way to stay in the loop is by signing up for our EMail Newsletter! You can also follow us on our social media pages as we are constantly posting about new work.